Welcome to the School Council page!
Each class has two school council representatives, picked by the children at the start of the school year. We work on many projects and attend regular meetings with Mrs Card and Mr Wilkes.
We have achieved The Healthy Schools Award, and the PADL award. In the summer we run a Fruit and Vegetable stall from the produce grown in our Polytunnel in our sustainability lessons and in gardening club.
We represent the school in our community such as at church for the Children's Remembrance Service.
We make sure we receive our right to a voice! Article 12 UNCRC.
The School Council have worked closely with Chartwells catering services to review our school lunches. They consulted each class about their favourite and least favourite meals. The council has worked hard to achieve the PADL Bronze Award (Promoting Active Democracy Loudly) this year! They were so proud of their achievement and received a certificate from the Healthy Schools Team.
Previous projects the school council have been involved in:
• Reviewing the Sensory Garden. This was designed by the whole school and school council in summer 2012. This year we were able to review what had been made and make suggestions about new things we would like to see, for example, some benches and musical instruments.
• Designing a new school banner – we got the whole school involved in this by asking them to think of their favourite things about our school and what best represent St Meriadoc Infants. The designs were very colourful and attractive. A Child in Class 2 came up with the winning design, although many children had included similar ideas of a cross and children with a rainbow. The banner will be made soon and used in future events!
• School survey on clubs we would like to have after school – the school wanted a sport based club, so we were able to get a student from Camborne Science and International Academy to come and lead the Multi-Skills Sports Club. It was very popular!
• Fruit and Vegetable Stall – we held a stall in our playground on Friday’s after school. We helped to sell produce grown in the Polytunnel with Mrs Trestrail and Miss Dennis. We hope to put money raised towards the Sensory Garden and a project for the Year 2s.
• Meeting with the Junior School Council – this was a great experience to share ideas and learn about our schools.
Here are some pictures of the produce stall that we organised in the summer term.