Our SEN team includes Mrs Stephens (SENCo in Training), Mrs Palmer (SENCo) and Miss Smith, Family Liaison and TIS Practitioner.
Mrs Palmer and Miss Smith are Trauma Informed School practitioners. This means that they are able to support children’s mental health and well-being. Mrs Hargreaves is also a Trauma Informed School practitioner. Families are supported by Miss Smith, Mrs Bailey and the rest of the school team.
Please contact us if you have any concerns about your child’s progress, development or behaviours. You can pop into school, phone or email. In the past we have helped families in a number of ways, such as,
- Referring to speech and language
- Contacting the school nurse to help with toileting
- Contacting the Health Visitor to support with sleeping patterns/behaviours
- Arranged for an Educational psychologist visit
- Linked with special schools
- Referred to Dreadnoughts
- Applied for Education and Health Care Plans
- Applied for children to be placed on the ASD pathway
- Arranged small group intervention work
- Sessions carried with Miss Smith (Learning Mentor) based on an individuals need
- We have arranged for families to be contacted by Family Support Workers
- Put Early Years TAC meetings into place
- Invited the Early Years Inclusion team in for visits
- Applied for additional funding to purchase resources for specific needs.
- Parenting support classes
Even if it is just an informal chat you need, please contact us. We would like your child and family to feel supported by the school.
Our SEN policy and local school offer report are available to view below.
The following information may be useful:
SEND Information Advice and Support Service
SEND Guide for Parents/Carers
Cornwall Local Offer